+1 (415) 906 2668 [email protected]
 
  • Bagan Weather & Climate

  • Comments

Bagan Weather & ClimateNestled in a prime location on the eastern bank of the Irrawaddy River as well as boasting ancient architecture and ruins, Bagan is one of the big four attractions to visit in tours Myanmar. Since the country opened its door to foreign travelers, it has drawn a huge number of visitors throughout the years. Due to favorable weather with no rainy season, year-round hot and humid climate, it is possible to discover the ancient Bagan at any time of the year.
Unlike other cities in Myanmar, throughout most of the year, Bagan is endowed with dry climate; and does not have a rainy season. The mean annual temperature is around 27.5 degrees, with the exception of summer as the temperatures may reach 31 degrees from April to September, which is fairly hot. While the warmest month of the year in April when the average temperature is about 31.3 degrees Celsius (88.34 degrees Fahrenheit), January is the coolest month with an average temperature of 21 degrees Celsius (69.8 degrees Fahrenheit). This means the variation of temperatures between the warmest and the coolest month is unnoticeable (about 10.3 degrees).
As this region does not have to suffer from the rainy season like other places, Bagan receives on average 915 mm (36 in) of rainfall per year, or 76.3 mm (3 in) per month. It is estimated that on average there are 53 days per year with more than 0.1 mm (0.004 in) of rainfall (precipitation) or 4.4 days with a quantity of rain, sleet, snow, etc. per month. The numbers of rainy days are quite low, which creates a favorable condition for visitors as they need not worry about carrying rain gear or heavy jackets to stay warm. If March is the driest weather with an average of 1 mm (0 in) of rainfall (precipitation), the wettest weather is in October when an average of 185 mm (7.3 in) of rainfall (precipitation) occurs.
Sunshine and daylight hours are also worth noting. An average of 2991 hours of sunlight per year (of a possible 4383) with an average of 8:11 of sunlight per day is estimated. Also, it is sunny 68.2% of daylight hours. The remaining 31.8% of daylight hours are likely cloudy or with shade, haze or low sun intensity. Therefore, visitors should wear light clothing and cool fabrics like cotton.
Despite the fact that Bagan with its attractions could serve you well the most time of the year, touring temples and ruins of Bagan is not so simple and require efforts. Therefore, the cooler months from November to February are the best time to take a Bagan tour package to capture all the beauty of Bagan. From December to April, there is a low chance of rain, and from May to October sees brief afternoon showers but plenty of dry days, which make it possible to visit the Capital of the first Myanmar Empire as well. From February to April, it is expected to get hot during the mid-day as the mean temperatures are 36°C (97°F) and often reach 40°C (104°F), however, tourists could visit the temples in the morning and in late afternoon, and spend the hottest time on cooling off in the pool or in a shaded garden with a cool drink.

Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.

Browse Categories

Monthly Archives

     
     
     
     
       
     

    Myanmar Tours Feedback

    High-Quality Local Guides & Authentic Myanmar Vacation

    High-Quality Local Guides & Authentic Myanmar Vacation


    Client: Ms. Karin Smith
    Nationality: Australia
    Pax: 2 pax
    Itinerary: Myanmar Highlight Tour – 10 Days

    Read more >>
     
    Excellent Service from Go Myanmar Tours for Family Travel with Young Kids

    Excellent Service from Go Myanmar Tours for Family Travel with Young Kids


    Client: Ms. Erin Boutitie and family
    Nationality: France
    Pax: 4 pax
    Itinerary: Tailor-made Myanmar Family Tour – 16 Days

    Read more >>
     
    Superb Myanmar Holiday Package with Personalize Service

    Superb Myanmar Holiday Package with Personalize Service


    Client: Mr. Ivor Long
    Nationality: UK
    Pax: 2 pax
    Itinerary: Myanmar Odyssey - 8 Days

    Read more >>
     
     
    Go Myanmar Tours

    Myanmar Tours & Vacation Packages
    Email: [email protected]
    Hotline: +1 (415) 906 2668
    International Tour Operator License:
    01-239 / TCDL-GP LHQT

     
     

    Myanmar Tours Tripadvisor Reviews

    Myanmar Tours & Vacation Packages Tripadvisor

    Go Myanmar Tours tailor-makes unique Burma tours to help travelers explore Myanmar their way. We are a passionate team of one hundred avid travelers who love to share our experiences of Myanmar with those looking for a more authentic travel experience.

     

    Go Myanmar Tours © 2020 – 2021

     
     

    Community

     

    Member of

    Myanmar Tourism Member Go Myanmar Tours Member UMTA