Duration: 1 day
Start/End: Bagan – Salay – Mount Popa – Bagan
Tour Type: Sightseeing & Experience
- Marvel at the fantastic woodcarving and Buddha image in the Yole Sone monastery
- Indulge in the bustling local market in Salay to approach the Burmese daily life
- Hike up to the Mout Popa peak with 777 steps to reach the Buddhist Shrine on the top of the mountain and behold the panoramic view of the region
Experience this Bagan Day Tour to Salay & Mt Popa With:
- Guides: hand-picked best tour guides with deep knowledge, humor, profession (English speaking guides, other languages upon request)
- Drivers: polite, friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned & clean
- Meals: meals are arranged at local restaurants so you can taste authentic Burmese cuisine
Please note that every element of the tour below can be tailored. Tell us your specific interest and we will be happy to make adjustments for you. This inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!
Mingalaba! Today, start your Bagan tour with a drive from Bagan to Salay lasting for about one hour and a half. The highlight of Salay, the colorful old religious center in Central Myanmar is the diversity of monasteries.
Burmese farmer and his white cows on the road to farm in Salay
It is easy to recognize that the most outstanding one is Yoke Sone monastery with spectacular woodcarving and Buddhist image, which partly reflects the main religion here, Buddhism. We also pay a visit to a local market in order to get an insight into Myanmar daily life and customs.
Yoke Sone monastery
This journey will not be completed without a visit to Mount Popa, which is 45 kilometers to the East of Salay. With the height of 4981 feet above the sea level, Mount Popa is a unique extinct volcano with a spectacular view.
Panoramic view of Mount Popa
Your strength will be improved after finishing 777 steps leading to the top of Popa Peak where a Buddhist Shrine is situated. Moreover, in the surrounding, there are monasteries, pagodas, and shrines in different size and shape. The best moment is when you are at the highest point in the area, a panoramic view is opened right before your eyes and leave you with admiration and impression.
Burmese nats (spirits) in Mount Popa
In the mid-afternoon back to Bagan and you will explore Bagan from a different perspective by car and guide. Watch the sunset from the Temple. Transfer to your hotel.
Price: Please contact us for the price of this package
- Private car
- English speaking guide
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fee in Salay
- Bagan zone fee
- Meals & Drinks
- Other expenses