Duration: 9 hours
Start/End: Your hotel in Bagan
Tour Category: Bagan tour packages
Biking Distance: 35-40 km
Tour Type: Biking, Landscape, Culture, Discovery
- Visit the most beautiful temples and pagodas in Bagan
- Enjoy the magical sunset over the plain of Bagan and Irrawaddy River at Bupaya Pagoda
- Learn about the history, art, and architecture of Bagan
Experience this Bagan Cycling Tour With:
- Guides: hand-picked best tour guides with deep knowledge, humor, profession (English speaking guides, other languages upon request)
- Drivers: polite, friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned & clean
- Meals: meals are arranged at local restaurants so you can taste authentic Burmese cuisine
Please note that every element of the tour below can be tailored. Tell us your specific interest and we will be happy to make adjustments for you. This inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!
With a sunny smile, your guide picks you up at your hotel this morning. Then start the day with a visit to the colorful Nyaung U Market for a glimpse at the daily life and trading of the local people. The market is where you will find an array of local products such as vegetables, flowers, and encounters with smiling faces that are covered with Tanaka makeup (traditional Burmese people).
After that, pedal to the Shwezigon Pagoda, one of the most beautiful historical sites in Bagan which was built King Anawratha in the early 11th century. The pagoda is said that to be one of the places housing the Buddha’s relics together with the glistening Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon.
Then follow your guide to Gubyaukgyi Temple to discover the oldest original painting in Bagan. From there, cycle to Ananda, the long-lasting and large religious monument dating back to the 11th century. For a long time, the “temple in the snow” of Bagan attracts so many tourists who come to see its great architecture and four magnificent gilded Buddha statues.
In the afternoon, continue your biking tour to Myinkaba village, to discover the famous traditional lacquerware handicrafts. Then make your way to Manuha Temple one of the oldest temples and Nanpaya Temple, a unique sandstone monument.
Highlight your late afternoon with a visit to Bupaya pagoda, one of the best places to watch the sunset in Bagan over the tranquil Irrawaddy river. Later, return to your hotel where your tour ends.
We hope that you would love the itinerary we design for this one-day Myanmar biking trip.
Thank you for making your trip with Go Myanmar Tours!
Price: Please contact us for the price of this package
English speaking guide
Tips for guide and driver
Meals and drinks