Duration: 2 days/1 night
Start/End: Your hotel in Bagan
Tour Type: Sightseeing & Experience
- Soak into the vibrant atmosphere of Nyaung U market in Bagan
- Admire one of the world’s most glittering pagodas – Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon
- Gaze out at the lacquerware workshop in Bagan to get knowledge about traditional techniques from craftsmen
- Get to know about the art and architecture of Bagan in famous temples such as Dhammayangyi temple, Htilominlo Temple, and Sulamuni Temple.
- Reward yourself on a Bagan boat tour to enjoy the tranquility and the fantastic sunset view.
Experience this In-depth Bagan Tour With:
- Guides: hand-picked best tour guides with deep knowledge, humor & profession (English speaking guides, other languages upon request)
- Drivers: polite, friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned & clean
- Meals: meals are arranged at local restaurants so you can taste authentic Burmese cuisine
- Accommodation: listed below or various types of equivalent accommodation are available, from 5-star hotels, 4-star hotels in the best location, good value 3-star hotels, to boutique hotels reflect the style of the region
Please note that every element of the tour below can be tailored. Tell us your specific interest and we will be happy to make adjustments for you. This inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!
Day 1: Yangon – Bagan Temple Tour
This morning, take a domestic flight to Bagan. Start your 2-day tour Bagan with a visit to Nyang U Market, a unique market that allows tourists to explore Burmese culture through the locals’ daily life. Next, head to Shwezigon Pagoda, known as one of the most significant religious architecture in Myanmar, served as a prototype for later stupas built throughout the country and marked an important development in the relationship between traditional Burmese religion and Theravada Buddhism.
Continue to Khay Min Ga Temple to witness the breathtaking panoramic views of various surrounding monuments. Next up is Ananda Temple, a masterpiece in the incorporation of Myanmar and India architectural styles, the temple houses of four standing Buddhas, each faces a distinct direction. After lunch, take a look at a local lacquerware workshop, where you can gain knowledge about traditional techniques of craftsmen and admire unique and beautiful products of this peaceful land.
In the afternoon, head to some other famous temples in Bagan such as Dhammayangyi Temple, Htilominlo Temple or Sularmuni Temple, since the 12th century, absolutely a spectacular place to take pictures. Today’s highlight is the sunset beauty from the Shwesandaw Pagoda. Then, transfer back to the hotel.
Day 2: Bagan & Villages
In addition to temples, our tour service provides a great overview of Bagan’s history, culture, and local lifestyles. Today see the real way of life for most Burmese people by visiting villages near Bagan to view the local lifestyle. Then you will experience Bagan from various perspectives as you explore the whole area by Pony cart which allows entering remote areas where cars are unable to do so. In the late afternoon transfer to the jetty where a private wooden river boat is waiting.
Sitting under the shade or on the open-deck, you are able to be shown to fabulous views as you cruise down the Irrawaddy River to Shwezigon Pagoda. A private Myanmar boat tour on the river during sunset time will hopefully show you a marvelous sight. Relax and enjoy the scenery. Trip ends. We hope that you love this Bagan 2 day itinerary. Thank you for making your trip with Go Myanmar Tours!
Price: Please contact us for the price of this package.
English speaking guide (other languages upon request)
Entrance fees & permit
Bottle of water
Bagan zone fee
Meals & Drinks