Duration: 4 days/3 nights
Date: Advice upon booking
Tour Type: Sightseeing & Discovery, History & Culture
Tour Category: Yangon tour packages
- Get a glimpse at the unique mix of Burmese and Britsh colonial architecture in Yangon
- Learn more about the finest art of Burmese in the Treasure Art Gallery
- Admire Shwedagon Pagoda – one of the greatest Buddhist pagodas in the world
- Enjoy Burma journey with authentic Burmese cuisine and lifestyle of the local people
- Visit some less visited attractions in the historic town of Thanlyin
Experience the Best of Yangon & Thanlyin With:
- Guides: hand-picked best tour guides with deep knowledge, humor, profession (English speaking guides, other languages upon request)
- Drivers: polite, friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, & clean
- Meals: meals are arranged at local restaurants so you can taste authentic Burmese cuisine
- Accommodation: listed below or various types of equivalent accommodation are available, from 5-star hotels, 4-star hotels in the best location, good value 3-star hotels, to boutique hotels reflect the style of the region
Day 01: Arrive in Yangon (-)
Day 02: Yangon sightseeing (B)
Day 03: Yangon – Thanlyin (B)
Day 04: Yangon – Departure (B)
Please note that every element of the tour below can be tailored. Tell us your specific interest and we will be happy to make adjustments for you. This inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!
Day 01: Arrive in Yangon (D)
At Yangon International Airport, you first meet and be warmly welcomed by our guide and head to the city center, where you can take photos at the city hall, independent monument, court supreme court and colonial buildings of England. Then we will walk inside Kandawgyi Park, enjoy the fresh air and take photos at the Royal Lake Kandawgyi and Karaweik Palace. Dine at the local Halal restaurant and spend the night at a hotel in Yangon.
Day 02: Yangon sightseeing (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we will depart to Mahabandola Street where you can enjoy the panoramic view of the Bangeli Mosque. We will walk free to explore the gold shops on Shwebontha Street, where the Sunni Surati mosque is located in this area. After lunch, we will visit the Thachanpe Mosque built in 1920. It was restored and well preserved after 1950 (women are not banned). Sabashar is the king of India died in his prison buried him under the bar, where will be the historic mosque. If you want, we can go and see the famous Treasure Art Gallery – there are so many paintings from the early days; Beik Tha No Art Gallery is a place to preserve the artwork of famous painters in Myanmar.
In the evening, walking on the shores of Inya Lake is a great way to refresh your body and soul.
Overnight in Yangon.
Day 03: Yangon – Thanlyin (B, L, D)
In the morning, we will drive to Thanlyin via the Chinese-Myanmar bridge to visit a famous small pagoda on the island. Take the time to visit the market later to better understand the lives of local people here. Then, we take beautiful photos together to save the memory in the City Hall, Independent Monument, High court and many colonial buildings possessing British style.
Then we’ll hop on Bogyoke Market, formerly known as “Scott Market”, where you can find a wide range of handicrafts, jewelry, textiles, paintings grinding in Myanmar; (Note: the market is closed on Mondays and gazette holiday). We also soak up the Chinese market, a diverse and appealing array of fresh fruits, flowers, and local delicacies. At night, we visit the Shwedagon Pagoda, one of the most sacred pagodas of Myanmar and one of the greatest wonders of the world. Then we continue strolling through the city center to reach your hotel.
Overnight in Yangon.
Day 04: Yangon – Departure (B, L )
In the morning, we will visit the Indian market in the city center and shopping mall. After lunch, we transfer to the International Airport for your departure flight. Trip ends. Thank you for making your trip with Go Myanmar Tours!