Mandalay Excursion to Maymyo
Location: Maymyo (80 km from Mandalay), Myanmar
Duration: 8 hours (approx.)- full day
Start/End: your hotel in Mandalay
Tour Type: Sightseeing & Discovery
Tour Category: Mandalay tour
Highlights of this tour:
- Explore British hill station of Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo)
- Riding a traditional horse-drawn carriage
- See Peik Khyin Myaung Caves
- Visit Pwe Kyauk Water Falls
Experience this Mandalay Excursion to Maymyo With:
- Guides: hand-picked best tour guides with deep knowledge, humor, profession (English speaking guides, other languages upon request)
- Drivers: polite, friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned & clean
- Meals: meals are arranged at local restaurants so you can taste authentic Burmese cuisine
Please note that every element of the tour below can be tailored. Tell us your specific interest and we will be happy to make adjustments for you. This inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!
Today meet your guide and then begin your Mandalay tour at you appointed hotel in Mandalay, drive on a scenic road (80 km from Mandalay and take us 2 hours) to the former British hill station of Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo), a delightful small town of colonial-style buildings, vibrant markets, and a botanical garden. Feel the historical and mesmerizing atmosphere by traveling through the antique town on a traditional horse-drawn carriage.
We first visit the local market to gaze out at the local life and an array of local products. Be enchanted by the authentic local flavor which is surrounded by the sound of people barter for their products.
Then proceed to the botanical garden, one of the finest botanical gardens in the whole Asia. Take leisure walk in the beautiful scenery of flora, fauna and the calm lake rolled into one, breathe the fresh air and take some awesome photos in the flower garden.
Following your lunch at a local restaurant, then venture out to visit the Peik Khyin Myaung Caves, an impressive stalactite cave which is almost as old as the land itself.
The next highlight is Pwe Kyauk Waterfalls, a favorite picnic spot for local people before returning to Mandalay. Today your lunch is included.
Price: Please contact us for your special price.
Entrance fees & permits
Tours guide (English speaking tour guide)
Riding traditional horse-drawn carriage
Good (private) car or van with air-condition
One bottle of water/per person
Drinks & beverage
Others not mentioned