Be enchanted by this 2-day trip from Mandalay to Monywa. From the cultural center, we will bring you to an absolutely new destination of Myanmar to admire the glittering pagodas with unique architecture. What’s more, you also have an opportunity to meet the friendly local artisans in a traditional village to learn more about their daily life as well as their traditional handicrafts.
Duration: 2 days/1 night
Tour Category: Mandalay tours
Tour Route: Mandalay – Monywa – Mandalay
Tour Type: Natural & Landscape, Sightseeing, Discovery & Experience
Experience this Mandalay Excursion to Monywa With:
- Guides: hand-picked best tour guides with deep knowledge, humor, profession (English speaking guides, other languages upon request)
- Drivers: polite, friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned & clean
- Meals: meals are arranged at local restaurants so you can taste authentic Burmese cuisine
- Accommodation: listed below or various types of equivalent accommodation are available, from 5-star hotels, 4-star hotels in the best location, good value 3-star hotels, to boutique hotels reflect the style of the region
Day 1: Mandalay – Monywa
Day 2: Monywa – Mandalay (B)
Please note that every element of the tour below can be tailored. Tell us your specific interest and we will be happy to make adjustments for you. This inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!
Day 1: Mandalay – Monywa (-)
Mingalabar! Welcome to Mandalay, the center of great culture in Myanmar. After breakfast at the hotel, our guide will take you to Monywa. It is a small peaceful town in the western part of the country where you will discover many fantastic attractions. Along the way from Mandalay to Monywa, we will make our first visit to the Mohnyin Than Boddhay Pagoda, one of the most beautiful religious sites nearby Monywa which is far-famed for its unique architecture. Next, visit Bodi Tahtaung Pagoda and be overwhelmed by the giant standing Buddha image which is the world’s second tallest Buddha image. Upon Monywa, transfer to the hotel for check-in and enjoy your leisure time.
In the afternoon, head to Kyaukka lacquerware village to have an interesting interaction with the local artisans. Here you will have a chance to learn about their traditional way of making beautiful lacquerware. Your sightseeing may include a visit to Shwe Guni Pagoda, one of 34, 000 pagodas built by King Thiri Dhamma Tahwka.
Overnight in Monywa.
Day 2: Monywa – Mandalay (B)
The morning of day 2 with a visit to Mt Po Win, a beautiful mountain lies on the western bank of the Chindwin River. Enjoy the peaceful aura and fresh cool air on the mountain before going back to Monywa. From Monywa, your driver will transfer you back to Mandalay. Trip ends.
We hope that you would love the itinerary we offer for a 2-day trip from Mandalay to Monywa. Thank you for traveling with us!