Tour Code: GMTY03
Duration: 3 Days/2 Nights
Start/End: Yangon/ Yangon
Tour Route: Yangon city
Tour Type: Culture, History, Sightseeing & Discovery
- Gaze out at Yangon street – the largest collection of colonial architecture in Southeast Asia
- Admire the iconic beauty of Shwedagon Pagoda – one of the most stunning Buddhist Pagodas in the world
- Get more insight into the Burmese history, art, and culture in the National Museum
- Visit Bogyoke Aung San Market to approach the daily life of Burmese people
- Soak into the exciting atmosphere of Chinatown, visit its historical cultural spots, and savor delicious foods.
Experience this Yangon – Bagan Excursion With:
- Guides: hand-picked best tour guides with deep knowledge, humor, profession (English speaking guides, other languages upon request)
- Drivers: polite, friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned & clean
- Meals: meals are arranged at local restaurants so you can taste authentic Burmese cuisine
- Accommodation: listed below or various types of equivalent accommodation are available, from 5-star hotels, 4-star hotels in the best location, good value 3-star hotels, to boutique hotels reflect the style of the region
Day 1: Arrival Yangon (D)
Day 2: Yangon City tour (B)
Day 3: Last minute shopping & Departure (B)
Please note that every element of the tour below can be tailored. Tell us your specific interest and we will be happy to make adjustments for you. This inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!
Day 1: Arrival – Yangon tour (D)
Mingalabar! Welcome to Yangon! Today, meet your guide at the airport then transfer to the hotel for check-in. After settling into your hotel, enjoy a short break.
In the afternoon, we visit Karaweik Hall a Royal barge on the beautiful Kandawgyi lake for a photo stop. Then we also head to Chaukhtatgyi Pagoda, the most well known Buddhist temple in Bahan township of Yangon housing a colossal 65 meters long reclining Buddha image.
Later today, we visit China Town where is full of local sounds and smell. Saunter in the area, you will discover many of the fruit stalls, colonial building, and several religious sites. Finally, make your way into Yangon’s city center to visit the world famous Shwedagon Pagoda, one of the grandest Buddhist pagodas in the world in which the legend said that housing several important relics of the Buddha.
End of the day, we enjoy the sunset before having welcome dinner at a fine local restaurant in town. Overnight in Yangon.
Day 2: Yangon City tour (B)
After breakfast, we visit Botahtaung Pagoda, a famous pagoda built in the same time to Shwedagon Pagoda, enshrining a strand of the Buddha’s hair. Next head to Nanthida jetty dock of luxury cruises and watch the traffic on the Yangon River.
Continue to Yangon city center to explore Sule Pagoda, the 44 meters tall golden stupa at the roundabout in the heart of Yangon. Along your way, witness the fabulous architecture faded on the colonial buildings which you can find nowhere else in Asia.
Your guide then also take you to the National Museum. Founded in 1952, it’s where you will have a chance to learn more about the Burmese art, architecture, and history of Myanmar through an extensive collection of ancient artifacts and ornaments, etc.
Afternoon tour, we take sights of Kaba Aye (World’s Peace) Pagoda, Mahapasana Cave, and Kyauktawgyi Pagoda where houses the famous LawkaChantharArbayarLaba Muni Buddha Image.
Overnight in Yangon.
Day 3: Last-minute shopping & Departure (B)
We spend our last minutes shopping at Treasure, Germs and Handicraft shops or at the BogyokAung San (Scott) market before transferring back to the hotel for our departure flight. (Note: the market is closed on Mondays and gazette holiday). Trip ends. We hope that you love the trip and service we provide. Thank you for making your trip with Go Myanmar Tours!
Price: Please contact us for your special price.
English speaking guide (other languages upon request)
All private ground transfers and transportation
Accommodation with daily breakfast
All entrance fees
Meals indicated in the itinerary (B-Breakfast; L – Lunch, D- Dinner)
Water during the trip
Airport Tax (USD 10 per person)
Entrance fees according to itinerary
Meals not mentioned
Personal expense (phone call, laundry, beverages)