Location: Twante, Myanmar
Duration: 7 hours (approx.) – 1 day
Start/End: Your hotel in Yangon
Tour Type: Sightseeing & Discovery
Tour Category: Yangon day tours
- Enjoy a relaxing boat trip along the waterways from the bustling former capital to Twante
- Get a perspective on the traditional pottery workshop in the region
- Visit Shwesandaw Pagoda which is noted for its 75-meter high stupa
- Be mesmerized by the scenic beauty of idyllic villages, rice paddies, and river landscape
Experience this Yangon Excursion to Twante With:
- Guides: hand-picked best tour guides with deep knowledge, humor, profession (English speaking guides, other languages upon request)
- Drivers: polite, friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned & clean, local vehicle with great experience
- Meals: meals are arranged at local restaurants so you can taste authentic Burmese cuisine
Please note that every element of the tour below can be tailored. Tell us your specific interest and we will be happy to make adjustments for you. This inquiry is totally free and you are under no obligation!
Greeted by our local guide at your hotel, then your Yangon tour to Twante starts with a transfer to a wharf on the Yangon River, cross the Yangon River by public boat (it takes 15 minutes., It is very relaxing and enjoying the views of the fishermen, villages and small rowboats ferrying passengers and goods along the water. Then drive 24 km on the scenic road to Twante.
On arrival in Twante, explore this peaceful town which is known for its pottery. You will see many local potteries using traditional methods to craft earthenware, pass by rural neighborhoods and meet friendly locals. Visit a traditional pottery workshop, where the methods have remained over generations to generations. If you wish, try your hands on making a pot under the guidance of the local artisan is a great experience that ensures to excite you.
Enjoy a horse cart ride and head to Shwesandaw Pagoda – one of the popular tourist attractions in Burma famous for its 75 meters high stupa in which the sacred hair of the Lord Buddha is enshrined.
Late on, returning to Yangon by road through idyllic villages, rice paddies, and river landscapes. Return to Yangon around 15:30. Trip ends.
We hope that you love the trip and have a memorable time in this short trip to Twante from Yangon. Thank you for making your trip with Go Myanmar Tours!
Price: Please contact us for your special price.
Entrance fees & permits
Local public boat ticket
English speaking tours guide (Others languages upon requested)
Good (private) car or van with air-condition and experience driver
One bottle of water/per person
Horse cart ride
Lunch at local restaurant
Drinks & beverage
Others not mentioned