The bus is probably the most popular means of transportation in Myanmar for long-distance travel. There is no more interesting than catch a bus to get around the cities and take in view of local people’s daily lives. Visit Myanmar, it is also fun to try local bus ride to obtain unique experience in this land of old-centuries stupas.
In fact, domestic flights can be expensive, so bus traveling has been chosen by many travelers. Traveling by bus helps you save a considerable amount of money and offers you real experience. Several useful tips have been provided to the facility bus traveling in Myanmar.
You are advised to ask your guesthouse who is an expert in local bus information and then you will know which bus you should take, how much the bus costs as well as how to identify it. When a bus stops at the bus stop, there will be a man leaning out and informing the direction as well as the destination. If you go on a long journey, you should know at least something about the local buses. First, bus stations are often located far outside the main center, so you are supposed to take a taxi to get there.
– Local bus: This is a basic type without AC and narrow seats. Those buses are not as comfortable as the A/C bus and VIP buses.
– A/C bus: A/C bus is the most popular means of transportation. Those buses offer overnight transportation.
– VIP bus: VIP buses are always great choices for a long journey. VIP Myanmar buses offer large seats, air conditioners, a blanket, water, personal seatback, frequent toilet stop, and excellent service.
What to pack for Myanmar night bus travel
– Snacks: You can bring some snacks, including fruit, croissant or your own favorite food.
– Books, newspapers or music: In case, you can get bored during a long journey on the bus, you can take advantage of your phone which includes amazing music, newspaper reading apps to amuse yourself.
Food and drink while traveling by bus in Myanmar
When you’re on a long journey, you often encounter rest stops which may last 2 to 3 hours. In case you are hungry, you can buy local food at every rest stop. As regards drinks, do not drink too much liquid, a particular beer.