From October, 1st, 2019, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Swiss, German and Australian tourists who hold the ordinary passports are granted a Myanmar visa on arrival at Yangon, Mandalay, and Nay Pyi Taw International Airport for one year. They are allowed departure from any international gateways. The visa is valid for those who have the sole purpose of visiting the country only. Also, tourists are not allowed to extend their visa.
According to the new policy, Myanmar visa on arrival costs US$30 and tourists are allowed to stay for a maximum of 30 days. Therefore, tourists are not allowed to extend their visa.
If you are planning Myanmar tours 2019 2020, check out the required terms and conditions for visa on arrival below:
- Make sure that you have a valid passport not expiring for at least 6 months from the date you enter into Myanmar
- Bring with you two recent (4 cm x 6 cm) color photos taken within the past six months
- Email address, detailed information about your accommodation in Myanmar,
- Visa, Master, or JCB credit card for the payment
- It is able to obtain the application form either from the airlines in Myanmar or the website www.mip.gov.mm of the Ministry of Immigration and Population
- Additionally, tourists are required to abide by the decision of the On Arrival Visa Scrutiny and Issuing Team